Tuesday, June 13, 2006

OK, time to try something new ....


I wasn't going to. Several people convinced me that I needed to get away. That was an easy call. My vocabulary had sunk to four letter words and my attitude was going to get me into trouble.

So the plan is to get away for a decent length vacation. A road trip to Nashville by motorcycle and then a ride on a few select highways in Tennessee followed possibly by some hiking. Sounds like heaven!

The Nomad goes in the shop on Thursday morning, packing Friday and leaving early, very early on Saturday. I think I'll go the back way to Holbrook through Payson instead of I -17 to Flagstaff. There will be enough miles on interstate. I hope traveling on I-40 won't be too monotonous. Most people I've spoken to don't use that as the descriptive word, more like frightening or scary. You know, big trucks, heavy traffic. My past trips down I-40 were boring.

We'll see.

No comments: