Thursday, March 18, 2010

Counting Down

When you start getting short there are several ways to count the days. First of all, in total days from today, it is 69. On the other hand if just school days count then it’s only 47 but if it comes down to days with kids it is only 46 but four of them are half-days so it’s really only 44. But I also have 25 sick days that can be used, well at least some of them. On top of that I finished my last recess duty a week ago so my mornings won’t be hectic anymore.

Tuesday I got the retirement paperwork done with the state and then on Wednesday with the district. There isn’t much more to do except finish up all the loose ends that go with the end of the year. There will be one more progress report, another report card, an awards assembly, AIMS testing, finishing my group PLC with three other tech teachers, and cleaning out my stuff. Well there is teaching involved too.

This spring break, instead of just kicking back, I’ve worked on a half-dozen computers. The contrast in work environment is so much more relaxed. There has been time to get out to ride and hike. Saturday Howard and I are doing an in and out at the Canyon just before the one-year pass expires that I bought last year when J and I rode up there. Brad even took a couple of hikes up Shaw Butte with me. Life is good!

No comments: