Friday, March 05, 2010

Making plans for a long one

It seems like too long since I’ve written about riding. Just too much happening. I retire from teaching in 53 days (but who’s counting?) Oh that doesn’t mean it’s time to sit back and relax, people aren’t allowed to do that these days so it means another start, but that’s ok. There will be about a month that I can take off and forget about the regular stuff.

I’ve heard that the back roads through New Mexico are nice so it looks like Vicki and I’ll head out through Safford, Arizona and go up through Santa Fe. That little town of Madrid that was used in Wild Hogs is along the way as are a fair number of old Spanish missions. There is even a memorial to Vietnam veterans that looks interesting. Some passes in the Rockies will get us up to Denver where a niece and nephew have been kind enough to invite us to stop by.

missionveteran

My brother-in-law and his wife live in Omaha so we will go through there. And I have a buddy who lives in Quincy, Illinois who said to stop by. Our son and his wife live in Nashville but I don’t know how their schedule looks this summer. To make things even more complicated a teacher friend said to stop by his home in Montana just north of Yellowstone and south of Glacier Park. That’s one I don’t want to miss.  It may take some time and planning, but planning is half the fun.

 Taos road

No comments: